Legal Aid Ontario
home page services resources links contact us

Enter a word or phrase to search our site for the information you need:


Our clinic can assist you in any of the following:

  • Landlord-tenant matters

  • Landlords and tenants of most rental units are covered by most of the rules in the Act. A rental unit can be an apartment, a house, or a room in a rooming or boarding house. The Act also applies to care homes, retirement homes, and sites in a mobile home park or land lease community.
  • Ontario Works

  • Ontario Works provides financial and employment assistance to people in temporary financial need. If you are receiving assistance or in need of assistance, Ontario Works can assist in a range of employment assistance activities, helping you prepare for, find and keep a job.
  • Ontario Disability

  • In order to qualify for ODSP benefits, you must meet the definition of a “person with a disability”.
  • Criminal injuries compensation applications

  • The Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB) is an independent agency that awards compensation to victims of violent crime that resulted in personal injury or death as defined by the Compensation for Victims of Crime Act.
  • Canada Pension Plan

  • The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) is a benefits plan for workers. Workers pay into the plan and may get a retirement pension when they retire, or a disability pension if they can no longer work because of a disability.
  • Legal Aid Ontario

  • Legal Aid is available to low income individuals and disadvantaged communities for a variety of legal problems, including criminal matters, family disputes, immigration and refugee hearings and poverty law issues such as landlord/tenant disputes, disability support and family benefits payments.


  • Be Wary Of Door-To-Door Sales

  • © 2008 Elgin-Oxford Legal Clinic Home | Our Services | Our Resources | Associated Links | Contact Us